All you must know about liposuction before you opt for it
by Health Blogger Carol N.
Weight loss is the dream to some while it is the necessity for many but very few can actually achieve it. There are some problem areas in body that are prone to fat deposition and none of the weight loss techniques would help in removing this stubborn fat. This problem of struggling with stubborn fat has been addressed now by experts through liposuction. This technique of fat reduction has been accepted worldwide for its consistent and definite results.
Though liposuction is very much talked about medical therapy for weight loss, very few people know how it works! You may have a look at the facts below about liposuction, its benefits and recovery tips.
What is liposuction and how it works?
Liposuction is the kind of cosmetic surgery and is also known as lipectomy or lipoplasty. The surgery is intended to break the accumulated fat and then suck it from the problem areas of the body. These problem areas are usually the areas where maximum fat accumulates and doesn’t go away even after observing strict weight loss regime.
The medical tool used to suck the fat is hollow in nature and is called cannula. The fat is sucked by applying high pressure vacuum by inserting the cannula under the skin.
Liposuction should not be confused with weight loss as it is not at all a weight loss treatment. It will not reduce your weight but can be used as quick-fix for your body contours.
The results are satisfactory as it is amongst the common surgeries carried out in United States and United Kingdom. USA witnesses about 400,000 surgeries every year with near to 100% success rate. The mortality rate of liposuction is negligible or you can say it is 1 in 5000 and that too because of many other health conditions and hence patients undergoing liposuction can take up this surgery without worrying about any major complications.
Areas that need more attention
Liposuction is intended to offer your body the natural contours that are for some reasons lost in fat. The female body is known by these natural contours but unreasonable fat deposits would deprive you of this natural beauty. Similarly, male body which is meant to be masculine can also lose its impact if he develops the fatty breast tissue, also called Gynecomastia.
This cosmetically proven therapy can be a savior at times as it will target your problem areas directly. Major areas that can be considered for liposuction are;
- Back – Fat on the upper back is the most common problem amongst women as this area has considerable fat cells that take up fat easily. The tight bra is again the reason for highlighting this fat. Liposuction will address this area with precision and your backless dress nightmares will altogether vanish!
- Abdomen – Men and women both struggle with abdomen or tummy fat. This area is easily targeted by unwanted fat and hence you would find those ugly looking fat tummies around the world. Lipectomy will suck all these unwanted fat under the tummy skin and make it slim and trim.
- Love Handles – Love handles are the tiers of fat around the bums which are addressed with this lovely name but this won’t change the fact! Love handles are never lovely and they may trigger even more awkward condition when they hang around your hips and become obvious from that tight fit dress.
- Thighs – The dressing style is changing worldwide and the dresses are becoming shorter. The thighs are revealed either because of short length of dress or due to the trousers that are skinny. Whatever may be the reason, you don’t have to worry as liposuction will take away the extra fat from your thighs and also bring it back to shape.
- Bums – No need to give any reason for bums as the bums of female are known for excess fat. The fat on bums won’t move even an inch without vigorous exercise. Sucking fat out from your bums would be a great idea!
- And many more – Yes, there are many more areas in your body like arm, calf and chest that would call for liposuction.
Points worth considering post liposuction
Liposuction is the kind of cosmetic surgery and would require recovery time as well. You may keep yourself ready for the recovery phase to minimize the issues you will face post-surgery. Some specific factors that you may keep in mind are;
- Cleanliness – The incision and its surroundings may be kept clean and dry after surgery so as to avoid any sort of infections later. Avoid water contact for some days.
- Patience and rest – Your body will experience swelling and bruises along with some pain. Simply patience and lot of rest would make it bearable.
Keep the path from fat to fit as smooth as possible so that you don’t end up creating an additional trouble for your body in order to be more beautiful.