Obtaining Better Facial Features through Blepharoplasty
by Plastic Surgeon Jeffrey B. Wise
Blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery is a form of cosmetic surgery which mainly involves the removal of excess skin, fats and muscles around the lower and upper eyelids. Commonly, the procedure is performed to reduce the appearance of puffiness or drooping eyelids and create more enhanced facial features. Blepharoplasty is a common request from those individuals who have developed bad eyelids due to the damage brought by the direct sun exposure, pollution or even as a result of aging.
Believe that your eyes are one of the first things that people will notice within your facial features. And, it becomes their indicator to say about your age or wellbeing. Usually, when you have puffy eyes, it generally appears to be tired-looking. Then this is how people will look at you. For them your puffy eyes could mean that you are tired, stressed and exhausted. Now, can you imagine of looking that way every day? Thanks to blepharoplasty, you can now have the chance to have a more enhanced look.
There could be a good number of reasons why people may consider having a blepharoplasty surgery. More than just about aesthetics, blepharoplasty could also help a lot in improving vision for those who have extreme drooping eyelids. Aesthetic reasons of blepharoplasty may include about managing puffy bags under the eyes, tightening drooping eyelids and getting rid of wrinkles around the eyes. Generally the most sought after benefits of having a blepharoplasty is that it can brighten and liven up the eyes.
Primarily, when you happen to undergo a blepharoplasty surgery, your surgeon may tell you things about your suitability for the surgery. Most of the time, the individuals who will obtain the most from the procedure are those who have healthy lifestyle and those who have realistic expectations about the outcome of the surgery. However, you must also understand that blepharoplasty can greatly improve your appearance but it cannot pave you the way to attaining facial perfection.
- Blepharoplasty can give you a younger appearance. Excess skin and wrinkles around the eyes can make a person look tired, stressed and depressed. Moreover, it can make a person way older than his/her actual age. An eyelid lift can help in getting rid of crow’s feet or those lines that developed around the outer edges of the eyes. People would look at these lines as one of the major signs of aging. Well, blepharoplasty can help you stay away with it by smoothing the area around your eyes which could greatly help you in obtaining a more youthful and enhanced facial appearance.
- Blepharoplasty can help you obtain better self-esteem. The way a certain individual look can greatly affect in his/her self-esteem and in the way he/she looks at herself or himself in general. Logically, since an eyelid surgery can greatly improve a person’s appearance, then it can also help in making people feel better about themselves. Recent studies even showed that people who had undergone a successful eyelid surgery are most likely more confident about their entire individuality.
- An eyelid surgery can be performed along with other cosmetic surgeries. These kinds of options will be clearly discussed to you by your surgeon. Basically, many individuals had actually prefer to get an eyelid surgery along with another procedure like a facelift.
- Again, an eyelid lift is not just limited in the idea of cosmetics. Many people would get an eyelid surgery to treat peripheral vision which can truly have a significant impact on one’s life.
- Eyelid surgery will surely require incision unless you are advised to have it by chemical peels or lasers. And, you have to understand that every procedure that would require incision will leave you a scar. However, with eyelid surgery, lift scars can be easily hidden. Further, the common recovery time for those individuals who underwent an eyelid surgery is relatively short. After one week of the surgery, one can already return to his/ her normal activities.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page