“Perfect to the Paparazzi: How Celebs Maintain Flawless Looks in the Public Eye” by Dr. Goldman
by Cosmetic Surgeon Robert Goldman
Cosmetic surgery is no secret in the world of the rich and famous. In fact, many A-list movie stars, famous pop singers, world-class pro athletes, and other well-known individuals are loyal customers of many cosmetic surgery practices. As much as 40% of celebs aged 25 to 30 have had something done. When it comes to stars over 40, nearly 100% have received some work. People who are always in the media want to look their best at all times. Looking great and staying in shape is just another part of the job, and having a bad day could be the source of a major headline. To maintain a certain image and avoid ridicule, celebs rely on cosmetic surgery to give them an edge over aging and weight gain.
How Much Is Too Much?
It’s safe to say that a significant proportion of all celebrities have had some type of cosmetic surgery done. There’s nothing wrong with going under the knife, especially if your livelihood depends on it, but some famous people take things way too far. It’s not uncommon to see walking horror stories on the red carpet–celebs who have been horribly disfigured by an addiction to cosmetic surgery. And there are many shining examples of what not to do. On the other end of the spectrum, many celebs have received less radical procedures that have truly enhanced their appearances in a natural-looking way.
6 Super-Sexy Celebs Who Have Undergone Successful Procedures
- Catherine Zeta Jones – Jones is a classic beauty who is sexy and sophisticated from head to toe. As close to perfect as she is, Jones isn’t immune to the effects of aging. Now in her mid-forties, Catherine still looks very much like her 20-year-old self–thanks to a few minor procedures. After receiving a nose job, facelift, and Botox injections, she now appears more refined and glamorous than ever. Jones underwent some of the most popular cosmetic procedures out there, but the one that her physician did impeccably was the facelift. For a natural look like Jones’, the facelift should be subtle. A face that looks like its being held back by invisible tape is truly unappealing.
- Julie Benz – Julie Benz is a pretty blonde known for her roles in a number of popular shows, including Dexter and Defiance. With a lean and sexy physique, seductive charm, and a smile that could melt any heart, Benz is undoubtedly gorgeous and lovable. As she got older, however, her face and body began to hollow out a bit more. With the help of her cosmetic surgeon, Julie was able to fill out those spots with a breast augmentation, Botox injections, other facial fillers, and a lip injection. The changes Benz made to her body weren’t so apparent, but they really polished off her look. Considering how petite she is, Benz made the right decision to go with a breast augmentation that wasn’t ridiculously large for her frame. Such a look typically comes off as unnatural.
- Zac Efron – This High School Musical heartthrob quickly grew out of his boyish good looks and into a rugged, handsome man–but not without a bit of help from his cosmetic surgeon. Efron might’ve packed on a good bit of muscle, grown out a sexy beard, and learned to dress like a gentleman, but his nose had always looked the same. While Efron’s nose wasn’t ugly, the middle part of his bridge was somewhat wide and flat, and it gave the nose a bit of an odd look. After some rhinoplasty, Zac’s nose is narrower and taller-looking than ever. His surgeon did things right by removing just enough bone and not too much.
- Ryan Gosling – Ryan Gosling is one of the most talked about male celebrities in the world. His classy style and suave looks make him appealing to women and men of all ages. Gosling might be free of almost every physical imperfection known to man today, but he wasn’t always this insanely attractive. As a younger lad, Gosling had a crooked nose that veered off to the left side of his face. After a getting a nose job, everything was straightened out, and his new nose appears to be just a tad thinner as well. This minor fix-up was enough to balance out his entire face to make him a whole new man. Unlike many other famous individuals who go under the knife just because they can, Gosling had a legit reason to go through with rhinoplasty and I think many ladies can agree it was a successful procedure!
- Anna Faris – Funny lady Anna Faris was never funny-looking, but she wasn’t quite the same person years ago. Faris had features that were “underwhelming” in her eyes, so she asked her cosmetic surgeon for advice. After being given the green light to proceed, Faris successfully underwent a breast augmentation, brow lift, lip injections, Botox injections, and a nose job. While the new look was nice overall, Faris could’ve done without the lip job and nose job. This is a case of trying to do too much too soon. Many people get carried away after having one procedure done, so always take plenty of time to scrutinise the results before going in for more.
- Blake Lively – This natural babe has everything right going for her. The only thing that ever stood in her way was a nose that was slightly too big for her face. This was due to the small hump in her bridge. A typical nose job eliminated the hump and thinned out the entire thing to give her one of the best in the business. When it comes to cosmetic surgery, less is usually more. Blake Lively is living proof of that.