What to Consider When Choosing a Surgeon
When you decide to get liposuction, you’re going to be getting a potentially life-altering procedure. So you have to make the right decisions! If all goes well, liposuction can help you get closer to your physical ideal and may boost your confidence. If you choose poorly when you select a surgeon, however, you may end up with a host of problems including a surgery which needs expensive touch-ups and potential complications like infections which end up costing you money. There are many important factors to consider when you choose a lipo surgeon.
Tips to choose the right Liposuction Surgeon
- A good place to start your search is at an online directory at a reputable website, but this is only a starting point. It’s ultimately going to be up to you to check reviews and references and decide for yourself whether a particular surgeon is a good choice.
- Check the qualifications of any surgeon you’re thinking of going with. Is the surgeon appropriately certified in plastic surgery and qualified to perform liposuction? Certification alone does not prove that a surgeon is safe, but it certainly increases the likelihood. A surgeon who isn’t certified probably is not a good choice. Check if the surgeon has current malpractice insurance coverage. Also look up the surgeon’s history with the state medical licensing board. A clean record is a great indication. You may sometimes find black marks on a surgeon’s record (which may in some cases explain low prices). If so, you can inquire about why the surgeon was disciplined and decide whether it is relevant to your situation.
- Many people are tempted to use the first surgeon they come across and they can afford. This is not a mature choice! There are a lot of reasons why you may be quoted a low price when you ask for an estimate. Some reasons are innocuous and others are not. Some surgeons will offer lower prices because they need to attract clients after receiving black marks on their record or receiving poor testimonials. A good site to find many testimonials/reviews/feedback is Realself! You want to steer clear of these surgeons since you won’t be saving money in the long run — you may actually end up paying a lot more money if you go with a surgeon who is less than qualified. Surgery carries risks, and those risks are much higher if you choose a surgeon who isn’t qualified to do a great job.
- Look for honesty and clarity when you deal with a surgical office. You should be able to get a detailed explanation of a quoted price and a breakdown of costs. If you aren’t given one, that surgeon may not be on the up and up and may surprise you with unexpected fees. Good customer service is important, as is some degree of understanding between patient and surgeon. Liposuction can change your body shape, and you want the surgeon to understand what you’re going for with the change.
- If you’re going to have multiple surgeries done, you might find a good deal to bundle them together, but it’s usually safer if you spread out your appointments. While this will cost more money, it’s a safer way of doing things. If a surgeon puts a lot of pressure on you to make a commitment, especially a stressful one, you need to look for a surgeon who is more willing to work with your timeline and your pace.
- If you decide on a specific liposuction technique it is more than crucial to locate a doctor expertized in the specific technique with a clean record and many successfull applications of the specific technique.
Getting a good deal in terms of liposuction price is important, but it’s not the most important factor when you choose a surgeon. What’s really important is that you get value for your money. Spending a little money for bad surgery is ultimately way more expensive than spending a lot of money for great surgery. You’ll not only pay in terms of money but also in terms of your health, which is priceless and deserves the best protection. So pick a safe surgeon who is worth the investment!