While liposuction is a highly invasive procedure, there are now non surgical liposuction alternatives which have been introduced to the market. These noninvasive methods allow you to experience almost same dramatic benefits associated with liposuction without going under the knife. There are neither tiny incisions nor cannula (the thin hollow tube which was originally used to break up fat and siphon it out of the body). FDA-approved Liposuction Alternatives have the benefit of being potentially safer efficient and less traumatic for the body and making your recovery time much shorter.
Non Surgical Liposuction Oxymoron
And here is the point where we would like to shed light on a prominent misconception: There is no such thing as Non Surgical LipoSuction! Even wikipedia has a page dedicated to Non Surgical Liposuction (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-surgical_liposuction) but this is a huge oxymoron! As we described in previous articles (What is liposuction) one of the common steps of all liposuction techniques is the suction of fat via cannula! In order for a cannula to reach the fat layer its necessary to make incisions (tiny or bigger)! But when speaking about incisions we speak about Surgery! This is why the term “Non surgical liposuction” is a glorious oxymoron and should be replaced with the term “Non Surgical Liposuction Alternatives” or simply Liposuction Alternatives!
How do they work?
There are proprietary brand names for liposuction alternatives. These techniques externally apply high-intensity ultrasound, lasers, radio frequency waves to liquefy the fat inside your body without ever penetrating the skin. Even massage is utilized (Endermologie) in order to remove fat the non surgical way! The fat is then transported out of your body via your body’s own mechanisms of expelling waste and metabolizing fatty compounds (mostly by means of the lymphatic system). Sometimes a bit of cardio after the treatment can improve the elimination of fat
Liposuction Alternatives Benefits
- Liposuction alternatives appeal to liposuction candidates for a number of reasons. The first is the convenience and simplicity of the techniques. Most people don’t like the idea of being cut open if they can avoid it—so naturally a technique that doesn’t involve cutting is preferable if you can avoid going under the knife.
- Non surgical techniques have the potential to be more gentle to your body; you don’t have to deal with bleeding, bruising, and swelling, and much of the discomfort is reduced.
- There is also no need for general anesthesia, which carries many risks and should be avoided when possible.
- The Recovery period of a non surgical technique is practically zero
- Non surgical options are generally cost effective comparing to liposuction
Liposuction Alternatives List
- Liposonix ultrasound
- Accent Ultra
- Bella Contour
- Med Contour
- Lipo Ex
- TriLipo Maximus
- Venus Freeze
- Velashape II
- i-Lipo Ultra
- iSlim Lipo
- M.E.L.T Laser Lipo
- Strawberry Laser Lipo
- Mesotherapy (including LipoDissolve)
When choosing a noninvasive technique for your next aesthetic improvement, research the different brands available before you make your choice. Perhaps what is most important is doing research on the doctor you’re thinking of using for your procedure, since it is ultimately the skill of the doctor that will determine the effectiveness and safety of any technique. You’ll get the best results by going with the most professional doctor available in your area—even if that costs a little more money.