5 Amazing Celebrity Nose Jobs
by Cosmetics Expert Mike Dune
As celebrities know all too well, a person’s appearance can make a big difference in the success of a career. Perhaps that’s why there are so many examples of plastic surgery gone wrong among the Hollywood stars. Some A-listers, though, seem to have resisted the urge to take their results too far and instead hit the mark just right when it comes to a certain cosmetic procedure: rhinoplasty. The surgery is one of the most common choices for young starlets-in-the-making. Here are the top 5 choices for transformative celebrity rhinoplasties:
- Jennifer Aniston: This long-term A-lister had a nose job sometime in the early ’90s, just as her career was starting to take off. Her wide, flat nose has adopted a few new shapes throughout the years. In 2007, the rumor mill began spinning again after she purportedly underwent revisionary surgery from Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Dr. Raj Kanodia. Today, Jennifer seems to have settled on a nose with a bit more projection and a slimmer, more elegant bridge — a possible nod to her Greek heritage. Bridge changes are among the most commonly requested by rhinoplasty patients, as noted by this San Jose rhinoplasty surgeon’s website, according to the website of San Jose surgeon Dr. Vincent Lepore, along with nostril changes, straightening crookedness, and removing humps.
- Kim Kardashian: Although Kim has owned up to undergoing other procedures, including BOTOX® Cosmetic, she routinely denies ever having rhinoplasty, despite ample photographic evidence to the contrary. Kim says her nose has long been a source of insecurity. The star appears to have a thinner, smoother nose than she did in photos taken prior her rise to superstardom.
- Cameron Diaz: In 2003, Cameron admitted to undergoing a reconstructive rhinoplasty to improve her nose’s function after a surfing accident. However, other reports say she’s undergone several revisionary surgeries to fine-tune her nose’s appearance. Her nose appears to change with her age and her style, from a spunky, upturned tip in her youth to a slightly wider, more streamlined profile today that suits her facial proportions.
- Patrick Dempsey: This Gray’s Anatomy star, better known to fans as “McDreamy,” boldly underwent a drastic nose job in the midst of his career. Instead of muting his nose and making it more discreet, Patrick instead chose to define and highlight his nose with a chiseled, more distinctive appearance. The result is a handsome, mature-looking nose that helps him stand out against Hollywood’s homogeneity.
- Scarlett Johansson: Scarlett’s beautiful, sophisticated surgical results are a perfect match for her distinctive, ultra-feminine facial features. In her younger years, Scarlett’s wide, upturned nose suited her childlike facial features and down-to-earth personality. As her career advanced, however, she chose a more serious nose to complement her serious roles. Today, the tip of her nose is decidedly narrower than it was in years past, and the tip projects out instead of up. Her results are so subtle and natural-looking that many people say she didn’t undergo surgery at all — she simply grew into her nose. However, its thinner bridge, reduced tip, and altered projection can’t necessarily be chalked up to age. Whether it’s due to surgical intervention or simple maturity, most people can agree that hers is one of the most harmonious faces in Hollywood today.